Healing from R.S.I. takes a comprehensive and multifaceted approach. Yoga is vitally important to improve flexibility, strength, posture and breathing, and promote self awareness and relaxation.
However, your customized rehabilitation program can and should also include treatment from health care practitioners, and other self care and exercise practices such as:
- Aerobic exercise, especially aquatic *
- Bodywork-- deep soft tissue manipulation techniques
- Herbal medicine
- Medical care-- rule out and treat thyroid disorders, diabetes, perimenopausal and other
- hormonal imbalance; digestive problems, allergies; all of which can promote
- systemic inflammatory response and other metabolic imbalance affecting nerve function
- Meditation practice
- Nutritional counselling
- Physical therapy-- particularly the Edgelow thoracic outlet protocol
How to choose? The skill, experience, and compassion and healing energy of your practitioner is probably as important as what particular modality they employ. Follow your intuition for what your heart and mind are drawn to! Time, energy, and money are the major constraints, of course.